Saturday, March 13, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookie



My mission over the last few weeks was to find a charming little chocolate chip cookie recipe- one that produced the perfect cookie, a cookie that was everything a good cookie should be- soft, chunky, not too moist and not too dry, one that was able to make you feel at home and happy.

The recipe had to produce a classic chocolate chip biscuit; simple, understated and delicious. I just wanted a something that was easy, uncomplicated and one that did not make too much of a mess when baking. It has been a long and might I say very delicious road, I have made plenty of biscuits over the last few weeks tweaking the recipe as I went along. After the first couple of batches (which I polished off with little help from my friends and family) I decided only to bake when there were 5 or more people in the house, it was a necessary condition, I was not too keen on the idea of having to buy a new wardrobe or spend the next 3 months at the gym (something to horrible to even contemplate!)

I think I have found a recipe that produces a really nice soft and chunky biscuit, I am not a fan of the cookies that are extremely sweet or and chewy, so this is a winner in my books.





Ingredients

125g butter, room temperature
1/2 cup castor sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
2/3 cup self raising flour
1 cup plain flour
1 rounded cup chocolate chips (I used the larger variety)

Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.

2. In a bowl start to cream the butter on a low speed, then add both sugars and vanilla and continue to mix until pale and creamy.

3. Add the egg to butter mixture and combine

4. In a separate bowl mix together the 2 flours, then add this to the butter along with the chocolate chips and mix well

5. Form small balls of the mixture and place on tray (ensure there is sufficient space between each one as they will expand when cooked)

6. Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until they are a light golden colour and are still soft
7. Remove from the oven, leave to cool for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an air tight container





My dear readers I hope you enjoy these as much as I did!

Miss SS xxx

4 comments:

  1. Nice recipe! I know some people that can't have cookies with nuts in them so this would be good for them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you do have to be a little careful with nuts,at times they can be quite dangerous to the unaware eater :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This cookies should be a winner for me, too! I think we have the same taste when it comes to cookies.

    ReplyDelete